The perfect pumpkin spice fall treat to enjoy with a steaming cup of coffee.
Pumpkin spice everything is back on the shelves for fall! If you love pumpkin spice, you'll love this pumpkin streusel coffee cake. Soft pumpkin cake with a crunchy pecan and streusel topping. I've been loving this for breakfast with black coffee to help balance out the sweetness.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 eggs, room temp
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of spices pumpkin (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder combined)
The Streusal Topping
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
1/2 tsp pumpkin spices
Pinch of salt
Making the topping:
Combine melted butter, sugar, flour, salt, pumpkin spices and pecans in a small bowl. Mix until the mixture is thoroughly combined but is still crumbly and set aside.
Making the cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine the dry ingredients; flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spices then set aside.
3. Mix the wet ingredients by incorporating oil, sugar, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract until it becomes it becomes smooth.
4. Add the eggs one by one but do not over mix. Lightly fold in the dry mixture.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle the streusel topping on generously then place in oven.
6. Bake for 35 - 40 mins and check for fineness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake to ensure it comes clean.
Optional - Pumpkin Spice Glaze
Start with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and add 1 tsp of milk and pumpkin spice. Mix until it forms into a nice runny glaze. Add a few drops of milk if mixture is too thick or more powdered sugar if mixture is too thin.